1. On your first visit, I will take a detailed case history including a full medical history so please think about your past medical history and dates of any illnesses, accidents or operations – write them down if you prefer and I can attach it to your record.
2. Please bring with you a note of any medications (or the medications themselves) either prescribed or over the counter including any homeopathic or herbal remedies you are using. It will aid in assessing your condition and in reaching a correct diagnosis. Again, write them down to give to me if it is easier.
3. After this, depending on the location of the problem I will usually want to make a full examination of the spine or the region where there is pain. This may involve undressing to your underwear or you can wear lightweight shorts (no jeans or Lycra) and a tee shirt if you prefer. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative with you into the treatment room if it makes you feel more comfortable. Please note that the case history taking and examination will take up most of the time on the first visit but please be assured you will also have some treatment.
4. At the end of the first consultation/examination, a detailed explanation of the diagnosis and proposed treatment will be given to you. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions about anything that you do not understand about the proposed treatment.
5. The current fees are £45 for the first session which lasts about 45 minutes and £40 per session thereafter (about 30 minutes). However, please note that these appointment lengths may vary as some conditions need extra time and some require less time. The important point to remember is that I aim to achieve the maximum benefit for your condition during each treatment session and the fee reflects my experience and decision on each occasion.
6. If you have health insurance, you are expected to settle the bill for each visit yourself and you will be given a receipt so that you can reclaim the fee from your insurance company. Payment can be made in advance via PayPal or BACS or on the day by cash or card.
7. If you decide not to take up this appointment or you can’t make it for whatever reason please call as soon as possible to cancel as I can then give it to another patient. If I need to change your appointment I will give you as much notice as I can.
8. My practice is run on an inclusive basis and my policy is not to discriminate on any grounds.
Moor End is the road that connects Eaton Bray High Street with Edlesborough High Street. My practice is at the Eaton Bray end opposite the one-way road by the triangular green. There is a boat on the drive and a sign in the window. Please park sensibly - you can park on the drive if there is space - and come through the side gate to the back of the house. Please let me know if you need assistance to access the practice.